Sunday 21 October 2012

Crimson Amulet from Dark Shadows NYX: Review

I got this Amazing palette in my Glossybox beauty box subscription( www.glossybox.ca). I literally squealed when I saw this. I am pretty much obsessed with anything Tim Burton and especially loved Dark Shadows! Ok so lets start this review :)

The front of the palette, kept closed with a little magnet latch on the right side.

Inside the book. A whopping 24 eyeshadows :) Mostly shimmer and matte with a few sheer shadows.

 The next page showing the Looks. Josette, Dr. Hoffman and Angelique.


Swatch of the bottom 12 eyeshadows top left shadow and top right are very light!



Swatch of the top 12 eyeshadows bottom right shadow is beautiful:)








Swatch of the blushes.  And the four gorgeous lippys! 






 '













Swatch of the eyeliner, I <3 how black it is :)




What I loved:
- The amount of eyeshadows :)
-The different looks I could achieve
-Basically everything!!

What I didn't love
-I am not a huge fan of lip palettes, they take a long time to build up!
-some of the mattes weren't very pigmented.

To buy or not to buy?
If I saw this on a shelf at Sephora or Ulta, I would definitely pick it up! Besides it being...AMAZING and Tim Burton inspired, there was quite a bit of product in this little pack. I got mine through Glossy so I didn't pay near the retail. I think that the MSRP was 25.00 but I see that now NYX has it on sale for 9.99, in other words you need to get you some of this!! Here is the link for the sale http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/p-158-the-crimson-amulet-collection-s123.aspx Happy shopping! I did a look below and feel free to comment :)

 For the look I chose Angelique. I tried to get myself as pale as I could!! loved the lippy, it is in deep crimson. 







1 comment:

  1. oh i'd like to have that palette ehhehe! Maybe you also wanna follow me on my blog.. it is in german =/ but it looks so empty without followers haha! and i might think about posting some stuff in english every now and then!

    Have a nice day!

    Jenny (from BC group)

    shadesof-ivory.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete