Friday 2 November 2012

Review of LUSH's "Witches Ball Bubble Bar"

Okay so here is my review on the new bubble bar put out by LUSH for the Halloween 2012 collection. First of all I just want to say this bubble bar smelled amazing!!!! There are two different types of the bubble bar. The bar on the left is the one I received, it is It is studded with star anise seedpods, cloves, black currants, cranberries and has rosemary, sage, peppermint, frankincense, myrrh and benzion oils. Sprinkled on top is parsley (Which according to wiccan beliefs is good luck!). The other bubble bar has a purple colour and not as many goodies on it :( So luckily I got the one with all the stuff!



Sorry about the fuzzy pic :P I always portion out all my lush stuff into manageable pieces( since LUSH is a tad expensive!) it also helps to keep the products fresh and easy to use :) The bar was fairly large so I decided to cut it into thirds.
In this pic I am crumbling the bar into my tub! It was fairly new so it crumbled in very easy. 

After the bar was crumbled, unfortunately all the goodies sank to the bottom:( The smell was fantastic and it was very moisturizing. But not too many bubbles even after I gave it the good old hand mixing!

What I loved:
 -The smell!
-All of the goodies.
-The size of the bar.

What I didn't love:
-The clean-up:( There was tons of cranberries and parsley bits to clean up after.
-The colour, it wasn't there at all.
-Not too many bubbles.

To buy or not to buy:
As this is a Halloween limited edition bubble bar, I will for sure pick it up next years. However I think that the 2 varieties of the bubble bar should be combined. I would love to have a bubble bar that looks and smells amazing. I guess it is the kid in me but I love to have a bath with colourful water, it puts a smile on my face :)



3 comments:

  1. Next time you use a bubble bar with bits like that... Take an old knee high and slip the bubble bar in then tie it to the faucet. The water will still hit it to make bubbles but all the bits will be caught. Turn inside out to empty and dry for next time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion hun :) I will for sure do that lol!

    ReplyDelete